It is a great board for any rider. It has the power and speed you need to take your riding to extremes, or it is calm and stable to keep you safe. It all depends on your skills and style. In light wind I wasn’t impressed much, but as soon as...more
Best Armada 2010
- Best suited for the intermediate level freerider
- Excellent for big air, freestyle, and light wind
- Supremo Hybrid Core – using Poplar wood and Airex foam, Best came up with a composite core construction that offers high strength, great shock absorption and low swing weight. The Supremo Body Core allows the board to do anything, from performing the latest freestyle tricks to tackling the surf.
- Controlled Flex Zones – makes for smooth riding in all conditions.
- Discreet Mounting System – multiple foot strap position options provided by the discreet inserts, which are thermally bonded in place during the molding process. This ensures a insert and wood core bond together very well.
- Tri-axial Lay-up - the perfect combination of flex for every board size and every rider weight is achieved by using multiple weight biaxial and uni-directional cloth in a ‘0 -45 +45’ lay-up. The board comes out lively and very responsive to the rider’s input.
- Comes complete with fins, grab handle, footpads and straps.
The 2010 Armada board produced by Best kiteboarding can be used by all types of riders, from the beginner to the advanced rider. While all riders will enjoy using this board, the 2010 Armada is ideally suited to be used by the intermediate rider.
The 2010 Armada is a freeride-dedicated board. It can also be used for big air, freestyle, and in light wind conditions, but the discipline at which it excels is freeride. The board provides a nice blend of light weight, high strength, easy handling, and good looks, making it a properly good freeride board.
From a monetary point of view, it is nice to see that the Armada board takes it easy on your wallet. It doesn’t cost all that much, even though it boasts top quality constructions and delivers top performance. This board features the sort of build quality and construction technologies you would normally see on more expensive boards. Technology like the Supremo core, which makes this board Best’s lightest wood core board, or the smooth waisted outline with a shallow concave design which maximizes low end ability and keeps the board responsive.