Good as a starting board. Got my BF one of these when he was starting out and he says he loves how stable and how easy to use it is. Guess I should get him to post a comment.
Best Spark 2010
- Best suited for the beginner freerider
- Excellent for big air, freestyle, and light wind
- Wood Flex Core – a lightweight and durable construction made from choice gram poplar wood laminates. The board comes out lively and easy to control.
- Controlled Flex Zones – makes for smooth riding in all conditions.
- Grip tips – 3D channel Grip Tips on the board’s underside allow the rider to hold a netter tile in the water. They make the board as easy to control as if it had larger fins; but unlike boards with larger fins, it doesn’t have the drag and reduced planning speed associated with larger fins.
- Discreet Mounting System – multiple foot strap position options provided by the discreet inserts, which are thermally bonded in place during the molding process. This ensures a insert and wood core bond together very well.
- Tri-axial Lay-up - the perfect combination of flex for every board size and every rider weight is achieved by using multiple weight biaxial and uni-directional cloth in a ‘0 -45 +45’ lay-up. The board comes out lively and very responsive to the rider’s input.
- Comes complete with 1.8 fins, grab handle, footpads and straps.
Did you just now pick up the basics of kitesurfing? Are you ready to go out on the water and have some fun? If you answered “Yes” to those questions, there are two things you need to keep in mind. First up, don’t forget to take your forgiving, easy to fly kite with you – the Kahoona V2 for example should do nicely. Second up, don’t forget to take your Spark board with you.
Best Kiteboarding developed the 2010 Spark board with the beginner rider in mind. This board has all the characteristics to make it ideally suited for the beginner rider: it is stable, it is durable, it is easy to ride, and it offers maximum versatility. On top of this it adds good looks as well – because you have to look good as you increase your skill.
The 2010 Spark board is best suited for freeride. It can also be used for big air, freestyle, and in light wind conditions, but the discipline at which it excels is freeride.
The bottom line is that if you are a beginner rider and would like an easy to use board to help you maximize your progress, then Best’s Spark board is an ideal choice.