I don’t mean to turn this into a war of the genders, but I think that with the Aura we have the boys beat. They’re always bragging about how good their boards are, well the Aura is just as good as anything the boys have. It is a freest...more
Liquid Force Aura 2010
- Single Concave Bottom – the board features a single concave bottom contour that helps the smaller rider hold an edge, track straighter, and easily go upwind. The contour also makes for great low end ability since it has very little drag.
- PVC Composite Core – the composite core is incredibly strong and at the same time incredibly lightweight.
- Medium Flex Profile – the medium flex means the board is suited to be used by a wide range of riders in a wide range of condition. The board has plenty of flex to handle landings and the chop, but not too much flex to loose its pop and energy (energy is important especially in light wind conditions).
- ABS Sidewalls – the ABS sidewall construction allowed Liquid Force to come up with the thinnest possible core profile. A thin core translates to a responsive board.
- Integrated “Thumb Rail” Deck Contours – besides being a handy way to carry the board around, Liquid Force’s thumb rails provide increased strength and durability. Consequently the board’s core can be incredibly thin without losing any of its strength.
- Top and Bottom Graphics – the top as well as the bottom of the board is covered in a matte PBT sheet. The PBT sheet offers less friction and a superior bond to both core and rail materials. A lightweight and durable finish is achieved by using matte PBT sheets.
The 2010 Aura board has been designed by Liquid Force with a simple goal in mind: to meet the freestyle riding needs of the women riders out there. Several factors make this a good choice for women riders.
The board features a single concave bottom. This bottom shape helps the smaller rider hold an edge, track straighter, and easily go upwind – women riders are generally smaller than men riders.
The 2010 Aura has a lightweight PVC composite core that has been specifically tuned for female riders. A lightweight core means the board feels lighter underfoot and is easier to control. Women riders will be able to easily maintain solid edge control even when overpowered or in chop.
The Aura board features ABS sidewall construction, which translates to a thin core profile. Furthermore the board features Liquid Force’s thumb rails which provide increased strength and durability – this means the core is thin but doesn’t lose its strength.
Last but not least, the Aura board features graphics that are meant to suit the tastes of women riders.