Good for light wind and beginners. This was my first board and I still use it for light wind or for flat water. Love it!
Nobile 666 EXT 2008
- State-of-the-art honeycomb construction with vibration dampening (which makes the board light, responsive, and durable)
- High gloss UV stable top foil
- 3-D Top Mould This mould allows the Hydrodynamic rocker line to work at its most efficient in light winds. As the wind increases and you exert more pressure on the board to control your speed so more of the tail is allowed to flex. This progressive flex allows you to control your speed without changing your direction of travel giving unparalleled performance, not only in lighter winds but also in windier conditions when other boards this wide become not only impossible to ride but also no fun to use.
- Nobile Essentials Triangle
- Hydrodynamic rocker Reduces the amount of vibration in the board in order to add control and comfort through choppy water and waves
- Enhanced Anti Vibration Construction and Complete Ant Vibration The 666 range has the lowest vibration properties of any board currently in the market thanks to Nobile’s unique honeycomb stringer and thanks to the use of wood, honeycomb, PVC foam, rubber, carbon and Kevlar.
- Range Extending Adaptive Flex
The 666EXT features Nobile’s unique three stage adaptive flex technology that permits the use of a flatter rocker. The flatter rocker delivers earlier planning but is traditionally equated with lack of control, however by building very carefully defined adaptive flex areas into the board, the rocker can change to suit the wind and water conditions and the rider’s demands, the harder you push the more flex areas of the boards you will engage increasing the effective rocker profile and thus improving control. The EXT was initially introduced to the market in the spring of 2006 and has since gathered quite a following. In the entire Nobile range the 666 continues to be at the top. The EXT is a wider 666 that rides in 9 to 12 knots wind but performs just as well when the wind hits 15 to 18 knots. What we like about this board:
- Efficient in -12 knot winds.
- It can generate vast amounts of power thanks to its wide outline, hydrodynamic rocker, large nose and tail flats.
- Requires little focus, unlike other boards that are currently on the market.
- It can edge powerfully when the wind speed increases a bit.
- It offers a stiff and responsive ride.
- Good pop and release.