Slingshot Key HD 2010 Kite Review
- Hybrid delta canopy shape – offers great wind range, effortless relaunch, incredible upwindability, flight stability, and lofty vertical boost.
- 5-strut design
- Compact bridle – offers in-flight stability and does away with the risk of tangles
- Onepump single point inflation system
- CFI attachment points – custom depower and bar pressure options
- Ballistic Aramid scuff guards – present on every segment seam, these scuff guards prevent the wear and tear you can expect from using the kite
- Mark cloth reinforced trailing edge – this feature is means to increase the kite’s durability by reducing flutter
- Strut tight tail pipes – meant to prevent line tangles
- Ergonomic nipple replacement
While designing the 2010 Key HD as well as the Keychain control bar that perfectly compliments the kite, the Slingshot design team had a specific type of rider in mind – the freerider. As such the 2010 Key HD has a few bits and pieces to offer that the freerider will definitely appreciate. Here are those bits and pieces: unmatched range, superb upwindability, easy water relaunch, instant 100% depower and last but not least, safety.
Slingshot sells the 2010 Key HD with the Keychain control bar which has the following to offer: freeride performance, incredibly simple safety, and a clean uncluttered control system.
Keychain control bar features:
- Simple Safety System
- Auto Indexing Chicken Loop
- Pre-stretched 20m Firewire line set
- Push Up Quick Release Leash
- Below the bar trim
- Flex bar ends
- Dual Oh-shit handles
- EVA floats
7m – 20 knots to 35 knots
10m – 15 to 25 knots
13m – 10 knots to 20 knots
Please note that the wind ranges are based on a 75kg (165lbs) rider. Actual wind ranges may vary according to your body weight and ability level, and according to water conditions, board size, and riding style. You should always use common sense and your personal experience when selecting a kite size. If you don’t know what kite size to use, talk to other riders and see what they’re using on the water.