Slingshot Rev 2008 Kite Review
- Since it is a hybrid it combines all the positive aspects of C-kites with all the positive aspects of bow kites.
- The bridle is compact so as to make the kite more stable and to ensure the lines do not get tangled.
The Slingshot Rev is a Hybrid style kite which is available in these sizes: 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, and 15m. Do you want a kite that offers flat-out performance (C-style kite) but at the same time has great depower and wide wind range (bow style kites)? If you have been looking for such a kite then the Slingshot Rev is the kite for you. The Slingshot Rev is a hybrid kite and thanks to its four-line setup offers increased stability and less tangling. The issue of relaunching has been addressed - it is now easier than ever before. The bar pressure is now lighter making the Rev a beginner-friendly kite. This kite is guaranteed to handle well on low winds as well as in gusty conditions. Remember who manufactures this kite? Slingshot is renowned for making high quality durable kites so you know that you will get a kite that will perform wonderfully and take a serious punishment without serious consequences. This will come in handy to all the beginner kitesurfers out there.
The Slingshot Rev features medium swept, rather round wingtips. Take these wingtips and combine them with the compact bridle and you have fast turning kite that you can use in a wide wind range.
The Slingshot Rev uses the Onepump inflation system.
It works by pumping equal amounts of pressure in all the struts and leading edge. This ensures the kite will offer maximum performance and stability.
To keep things convenient and avoid the risk of damage isolation clips are used.
Why you should get the Slingshot Rev:
- One of the best kites to ever come out of Slingshot.
- Combines the pop and drop of a Slingshot Fuel with the extra boost of a Slingshot Turbo Diesel.
- Great for performing tricks.
- A very versatile kite (perhaps the most versatile on the market today).
The people at Slingshot have taken their direct-drive system and have practically reinvented it for the 2008 Rev. For increased responsiveness and a more positive feel the use of pulleys on the control bar has been done away with. The Rev also features a new center safety system (the controls are placed below the bar; 100% depower).
- No more pulleys in the control bar.
- Full depower provided by the center safety system.
- Adjustable stopper ball.